When looking for a let property insurance quote, the job at first may seem quite daunting. There are many companies who offer let propety insurance, and as a result you may find yourself at the bottom of a pile of policies and quotes. Well just as with any product, finding the best let-property insurance quote isn’t that difficult, if you know how.
Here are a few points below which should help you in your quest for the most appropriate insurance deal.
- first and foremost, the thing to remember is that you are not looking for the cheapest quote; you are looking for the quote which gives you the landlords cover you need. The cheapest buy to let-insurance isn’t necessarily always the most suitable – it’s the quality of the policy which may be important to you;
- as the internet gives us access to many companies, we have been given the ability to compare prices like never before, but when looking for landlord-insurance, it may be a smart move to compare the cover offered by the landlords-insurance policies first, and then look at the prices;
- as with all insurance policies, it may be a good idea to read through the small print before you sign up and see if any discounts may be available too. Some companies may offer, for example, flexibility on the amount of voluntary excess that a client chooses to pay. Often it is the case that when you opt to pay a higher amount of excess the total cost of the policy may be reduced. But again it’s what works best for you;
- loss of rent cover due to an insured event. Not all policies include this as standard, so it may make sense to check before you buy your landlords cover;
- replacement locks may be something which seems trivial but is often very expensive to repair, and it is also a situation which some landlords may find themselves in at some point.
This cover is often not included as standard in some landlords policies.
Insurance is a personal thing, and it may make sense to choose the cover that is suited to your personal situation. Cover does change between providers, and even the payout levels can be different, so always make sure you fully understand what is covered and up to what limit, and don’t be afraid to ask if you are not sure.
Landlord insurance may be important for anyone with a let property, and just as with regular home buildings and contents insurance, knowing that your property is safe, and insured against damage, means you can sleep peacefully. Getting what you think are the best quotes means you are one step closer to getting appropriate cover and that all important peace of mind.